Gees, get a blackberry and use the tools on it. I use mine all the time. With enterprise activation, not only do I see all my corporate email in real-time, but my calendar also loads up and keeps me appraised. Project management software is for project managment. It sounds like you really need more of a personal management tool. A palm pilot will also do you quite well.

I used to have a notebook planner that I wrote every little stinking detail about my life in, mostly for work, but with a family I had some of that in there too. I got tired of writing back in 2000 and now just put it all on Outlook and use that program for a lot of my organization. The beauty is I can print out my calendar or contacts list or to do list etc and stick it in a notebook anyways if I really need to go back to that.

This from a senior project control manager for a major corporation personally handling billions of dollars of business volume project management tasks and resources. If I can make it work, anyone can. Keep it simple and easily reproducable and you can't go wrong. The rest you learn by doing over time.