Originally Posted By: atoz
Just buy the best the MSR International it will burn just about anything and has the best track record. I am alway scepticable of one piece stoves, thought I had a Coleman simular to the one you are looking at. The MSR is just proven and used in more exptermes then any other stove.
Cheers

Well actually i have heard 2 kind of reaction on the whisperlite International. Some rave about it and other simple think it's a piece of ****. Personally i have not owned a whisperlite, but have been able to use them. I can't really say they are mine favorite. It's also not really a multifuel stove. It can't burn diesel and other dirty stuff.

I have owned (although i have now sold most of them to safe space) MSR XGK, Optimus Explorer, SVEA 123R, Primus Multifuel, Coleman 503, MSR pocket rocket, several traniga and svea alcohol stoves, loads of home made stoves, wood-burning stoves, esbits stoves, etc. I also have another stove coming mine way. I have also used Whisperlites, optimus nova's, 8R's, etc. It's mine opinion that optimus and primus makes better stoves than MSR does. Most stove addicts would say the same, check www.spiritburner.com/ for stove-a-holics.

two models of multifuel stoves i would recommend are:
- the Primus Omnifuel, able to burn everything from propane/butane to diesel. Very well build, good precise controls.
- Optimus Nova, burns most liquid fuels, very good controls, very compact and also very well build.