Hi Frankie,

I have used Snowseal in the past on my Hy-Artic mitts but it was because it was what I had on hand (no pun there). On my first pair got some of the wax-based Snowseal on the fuzzy back of the mitt and it went kind of clumpy. I should really read the instructions on how treat them properly, it is thick tanned leather so silcone may be the best way, I will get back to you on this question.

These are very tough mitts, my first pair I had for 8 years and they are still in good shape, the leather is just starting to thin at the contact points (e.g. palms where I grip the snowmobile handlebars). My new pair I bought last November look great but they are still a little stiff.

Two weeks ago I was towing a trailer in sloppy condition and piles of salty slush accumulated on my snowmobile trailer. My EDC leather gloves were already wet so I cleared the slush off with my hands, this soaked my gloves. I dried the gloves but now they are heavily salt stained and I do not know if I am going to be able to salvage them. I won't be using good gloves to do that again; live and learn.

Mike