I've heard there are hoarding laws as well so it just depends on how the word "hoarding" is determined.
I keep shelves with rebbermaid containters stocked full of food and water and print off those ready.gov brochures and leave them in the conatiners to show that I'm just doing what I'm supposed to be doing.
If you do have to bug out chances are you can take more than just your bob. The Katrina evac for example, load up as much of your supplies as you can in your vehicle before you go. My BOB is more of a way to organize gear or something to grab if I would wake up to my house on fire but any situation where I had more time then more supplies would go as well.
Anything else is replaceable, keep everything inventoried, keep the receipts in a safe as proof and keep insurance, if looters take my tv then I turn it in to insurance and get a new one.
It helps to keep things organized, anything you wouldn't want to leave then make sure its easily takeable. Family photos for example, I'm not going to carry 20 photo albums if I bug out so I've scanned them all and will take my 3lb laptop and/or backups.
Wife's heirloom jewelry, store it in small jewelry roll in your bob.