I'm with Schwert - I carry the stainless peanut lighter and have grown to like it. Though, I'm looking for a good O-Ring replacement. It can spark even without fuel or tinder, it can seal up fuel for ages if it's intact, contains a last ditch tinder, and it's very durable - it's not going to accidentally turn on, leak fuel or break.

I would make a strong recommendation to get the stainless version both for strength and build quality - especially for EDC. You can easily fit a spare flint in the cap, maybe even stuff in some tinder, though it would be very small.

About the only thing I don't like about it is that it's a bit difficult to unscrew one handed, especially when cold - but it's doable. I suppose it would be easier if it was slightly longer, it's only other real drawback.

If you get a good copy, the O-Ring is probably just fine. Mine is so thin and flimsy that it rolls out of the way when you seal the lid tight. So I'm on the hunt for a good replacement. I will say though, that you can tighten the lid without an o-ring and it seems to seal VERY tightly - maybe not completely leakproof, but close.

One trick I've learned is that if you hook the splitring to a keychain, you can actually hold the keychain and the lid and unscrew the body - this makes it easier one handed.