I agree with you Hacksaw,

Today my 10 year old daughter decided that she was old enough to have her own pocket knife; so after the standard lesson/lecture on knife use/responsibility she received a small SAK (Recruit model). She of course wanted to use it ASAP but I was cooking dinner (stir-fried venison/onions/mushrooms over potatoes) so the first thing she did with her new knife was open a can of mushrooms. The can did not have a very big rim so I had to help her, but the little SAK can-opener did the job just fine.

I also EDC a folding can-opener (it is the Coghlins version of the P-38) in my wallet. The difficulty is that whenever I use it in front of people someone always thinks its neat and I end up giving it away (they are only 50 cents to replace). I have done a few odd things with the can-opener (turn a screw, open a package) but I EDC a Leatherman so I usually reach for it.

Having never handled any folding can-opener other than the Coghlins model, what is the difference between it and the military models?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by SwampDonkey (02/18/08 10:11 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling