<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Hatch wrote:<br><br>"I like to get the "storm proof"- "NATO lifeboat" matches in a MATCH box. Same exact matches. You still get 25 matches BUT there 1/2 the price ($1.50) as the ones that come in the canister. I put mine in 35mm film cans that I get FREE from my local grocery stores photo lab. The cool thing is the box of matches comes with the striker on BOTH sides of the box. I just cut them off, and put them into the film can."<br><br>I got them at my local ARMY surplus store. <br>But I found this link on the web with a pretty good deal 2 boxes of 25 and comes with a 5-Pak of Slow Burning Emergency candles for $3.95<br><br>http://www.janddsurvivalproducts.com/cgi-bin/quikstore.cgi?category=kits<br><br>It's the last item on the page.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>I checked this link. Here's the image they have there:<br><br><br><br>I emailed them. They are very friendly and have great customer service! They sent me a test sample for free, just so I could see if I liked them. I was amazed. I'd love to be able to recommend them and their product, but...<br><br>...what I got looked more like this:<br><br><br><br>Instead of the nicely even and smooth two-tone brownish flammable material that is on the Lifeboat matches, there is, instead, a monotone coating of unevenly applied reddish flammable material. I'm hoping the images do justice to what I'm trying to describe, so everyone can know what to expect if they order.<br><br>I have also seen these same NON-Lifeboat style "Storm" matches inside some sort of "survival kit" I saw at REI, even though the illustration that was on the package for these kits depicted the other genuine Lifeboat matches instead.<br><br>I can only guess that once upon a time you actually could order Lifeboat matches in boxes, but that the company manufacturing (or at least, packaging) these "Storm" matches has at some point changed from using "real" Lifeboat matches to some other make.<br><br>They must be struck on a strip of abrasive designed specifically for lighting matches, so they are not "strike anywhere" types. They burn nicely, even after I soaked them in water, so they're not a rip off by any means. They're fine. I just wanted to let everyone know, in case they might order some of these expecting something else, and be disappointed.