Originally Posted By: Troglodyte007
The way they taper down on the inside tells me that they can only be used to boil water. I need a container that I can boil soup in and won't have any trouble cleaning out. Also, I need my container to have an opening big enough to spoon from, and also big enough to store some things in when not in use. I don't like the idea of empty space in my kit.
I am designing my own compact wood gas stove that will accomplish all I need in a cook kit, and serve as storage for when not in use.

Here are a few pictures of a homemade WoodGas stove I made several months ago. It really gets hot, if you look at the cross-bar pot support I made for it, you can see where it’s melted. I made the cross bar out of 1/8 inch aluminum and it melted the first time I fired it up. The stove itself is made from a stainless steel canister set I got at a flee market for $1.50.

It puts out a ferocious flame with the fan on high. It makes more noise then my Svea 123. I don’t see myself using the fan on high as it’s just too hot, other then bringing a big pot of water to boil very fast. For cooking low speed seems to work well. I have only cooked with it in the garage on the workbench so far.

http://photos.toast.net/slideshow.asp?us...&PictDisp=0

Edited by BobS (02/11/08 02:39 PM)

You can run, but you'll only die tired.