In California the FDA allows you to eat Salmon with trace amounts of mercury in it. By California environmental waste laws the remaining parts of the fish must be taken to a class 2 hazardous waste facility. Of course this is not done, but is shows you how wacked out CA is when it comes to their silly 'environmental' laws.

In my neck of the woods someone always seems to stumble across an old gold mine that suddenly needs to be cleaned up. One Superfund site cost millions to remove and/or encapsulate 'toxic' soil that contained traces of arsnic and lead. One of the attorneys in the case told me that if 100 people at a tablespoon of this stuff everyday for thirty years - maybe 5 of them might develop health problems resulting from this 'toxic' mess. The incidental contact that might happen would never be a legitimate healh issue, but the different state agencies here love to rattle their sabers and make people do things that won't improve the health, safety, or welfare of the neighbors around them.

Drink On...something else is going to be your demise.