Leigh_Ratcliffe – Don’t take what I said the wrong way, I wasn’t knocking your idea with the bug repellent, it’s just that our issued stuff (a cream almost like sun screen) does have a slight smell to it. It’s not as bad as civilian stuff smell wise, but I don’t want to underestimate the smelling power of a dog. It has such a high DEET content that it is unavailable to civvies. The only way to get it is to know a guy on the inside. I love the Kukri knives but if I can only have one I like one which can handle smaller tasks (which the Kukri lacks). I find the kukri a bit too big for my tastes while on duty (but that’s just my preference) I am sure if push comes to shove like a situ you are describing my LMF II will be an adequate throat cutter. smirk

Swampdonkey - Sorry to have ruined your sleep but I have been awake as well trying to figure out the best way to teach this to others. If this 3 day ex goes ahead it is quite possible that the 10 day advanced course will been on the horizon. I have been told that I may be an instructor on that one too. You have some well thought ideas there dude!! I learned a lot by taking the stuff I did as a student. The only way to learn a lesson sometimes is the hard way and training exercises are the best place to do it, as you dont want to make these mistakes when the s*** is real. through my time in the Army and while hunting and hiking etc in civi land I have made enough and learnrd enough by them that I hope I can teach these new guys something usefull. You should seek out your nearest recruiting center SWAMPDONKEY, the Army needs guys like you overseas right now. smile