Well,

Thank you all! The following is list of things I will look into.

(note: to avoid repeats of suggestions I am only listing them under the name of the first person to post a suggestion.)

KenK
- What, "...works for a human is good enough for a dog."
- Cut back fur to keep it from matting into/around a wound.
- General antibiotics----? (any sugestions on how to get them, as none of the doctors I have asked in the past would perscribe them when I was not sick, even when I told them I was going over seas on a month long trip.)
- Sawyerextractor doesn't do all that much. (So, I should dump the extractor and just carry the safetyrazor that comes with it.)

Susan
- 1 to 2mg of Benedryl per pound of animals bodyweight.
- A 10ml/cc syringetaped to liquid bottle.
- 2by2" & 4by4" gauze pads.
- A couple of rolls of sticky/strech bandaging for cut feet.
- Hemostat to pull cactus thorns.
- Pliers, used with hemostat to remove fish hooks.
(note: if swallowed take animal to Vet)
(been there, done that with mom's dog when I was a kid fishing with dad. 7 hours after sheba, the dog, swallowed the hook and way more money than my dad wanted to spend on an emergency office visit on a Sunday, sheba was good as new,but the fishing trip was ruined.)
- foot injuries to dogs should recive a tetanus shot.
- a cople of plain rolls of gause as an emergency muzzle.
- have a vet show you how to do CPR.
- if possible catch scorpion and bring to vet with dog.

these are to long to repeat so check Susan's second post on page one.
-Bufo toad poisoning
-skunk encounters
-a dogs normal temperature

from Susan's 3rd post
- de-scenting after a skunk encounter
DO NOT USE Around OR Above EYES
Mix 1 tablespoon of Trichtine Douche Powder to 1qt warm water.

Christina
- Tiny tube of superglue for cuts/tears of pads
- Conforming gauze
- Dog Booties
- 3 days worth of food
- Leash w/waste bags
- Harness
- set of plastic foldupdog bowles
- hamster water bottle
- Indegestion and pain killers wright animals weight dosageon container
- CHECK WITH VET ABOUT ANIMAL FIRST-AID COURSE

drahthaar
- EMT gel- to stop bleeding
- a Muzzle

LED
- Pepcid AC
- Water soluble fiber ( LED please forgive my ignorance but, what is the fiber for? I have never heard of adminestering it to a pet.)
- Styptic Powder (Kwik Stop or other)

NAro
- Check snake bite thread
- Ask Vet for 1 or 2, 2" rolls of "Vet wrap" (self adhisive bandage to prevent dog from removing dressing)

Apparently I was unclear about the first-aid supplies in the original post. I carry one first-aid kit, not one for people and a seperate one for the dog. In addition most of my hikes are day hikes, so food does not usually get carried for the dog, just lots of water and a bowl for her to drink from. The pedialite would stay in the car, as the desert travel would be by car. There is always more stuff in the car than the small day pack I carry can hold. Car supplies, in reguards to pet stuff, are food and water

Again, thank you all, you have helped me see many new ideas and made the older ones a little clearer.

-Joe-