I think the 'what pleases you' theory is the safest one. We each have our preferences ranging from an $8 Mora to several hundred dollars of custom made, hand polished, cutlery.

After reading Jackal's post (I'm jealous BTW. I've love to have a dozen of those around!) I realize that price really doesn't have anything to do with it...despite my previous comments.

If you like the knife (including how it works/feels), and are willing to trust your life to it should things come to that, and you're willing to pay regardless of how many zero's are on the tag, then it's a good knife for you.

Now there are always caveats to this as the uneducated person might gravitate to the cheapest hollow handled survival knife on the shelf and 'like it' for the wrong reasons but education is the responsibility of the consumer...buyer beware and all that jazz. We're all here because we take the time to learn and research things so I doubt that would even apply to anybody who would take the time to log into a site such as this one.

I for one am going to stop talking about price when I talk about knives...it's hard for me to do...because I'm a cheapskate. And that doesn't mean I'm going to stop buying inexpensive knives...because I'm a cheapskate. It's just too easy to equate how good a knife is with how much it costs. The last time I was telling somebody that I only paid $34 for my Buck 119 Special new (a $75+ knife up here normally), the person immediately assumed it was a fake, knockoff, or a 'special' special made with substandard meterials and sold cheaper than a 'real' 119...it's just how a lot of people think. Why bring it up if it's just going to complicate things? I know I'm going to avoid it from now on.