I've signed up for a firearms safety course with AHIEA in a couple of weeks. I've also been researching what I need to do to get my PAL (exams, etc) though it's hard to find anything from work as any website that even mentions a firearm gets blocked by IT. I also plan on taking their online Conservation and Hunter Education Training course this week.

Even if I don't become a huge hunter, I still want to learn about it. If nothing else, it will be a great benefit to my SAR work.

I did the dominant eye test (and found more online) and it would appear that I'm one of the rare people who are equally dominant in either eye as every test I tried didn't really work. I know I had a dominant eye when I wore glasses but that may have chanced since my laser eye surgery a year ago. When I point at something in the distance I see two fingers equally as well.

Years ago I tried firing a semi-auto .22 right handed and it was too awkward to be safe...just thinking about the logistics of it now make my head spin as I'm VERY left handed...like using a right handed hockey stick. I can't even visualize how I'd hold it!

The Papoose looks like a quality gun...and it breaks down which is what I'm looking for. I may start with something more affordable like a second hand gun just to get going. I'm also intrigued by the Henry Repeating Arms US Survival Rifle. It's inexpensive enough that if I catch the same bug Taurus has I won't break the bank right away and get a good financial head start on the next purchase.