For the longest time I had used my mini mag AA flashlight. When the LED drop in became available, I put that in. I enjoyed many long and hard uses of it. Alas after about 20 years of hard service....it died. Thus began my search for a replacement. It had to be LED for the battery life. It had to be small. I will admit that I grew tired of the size of the mini mag and wanted something smaller....

I already knew of many of the ETSers thoughts on their preferences so I checked out the Candle Power Forums for suggestions.....I figured when about 99+% of the forum members all gave a thumbs up to the ARC, it would be good. After all, how often do all the members of any forum actually AGREE on a single point grin.

Got it the other day and have been playing...er using...it often. I love it.... laugh. My only complaint is that I had it on a lanyard around my neck (inside my shirt)....the problem? The clip would rip out hair blush. Ok so I need a new way to carry it.....but OMG is it bright!!!

I did find out one 'trick' with it....for those of you that had access to 'blood tubes'...the kind hospitals or labs use to draw blood.....take one of the smaller tubes (green top, blue top or purple top) and take the top off the tube. Push out the rubber stopper (that is inside the plastic top). Place a colored (your choice) piece of plastic inside the tube's plastic top. The plastic top from the blood tube will fit snugly over the front of the ARC. With the colored plastic in place, you now have a colored light too. It works great.