I would add a stack of 4by4 gauze, two or three 5by9 surgical dressings, more roll gauze, and at least two 3" elastic bandages. Also I would add at least two triangle bandages. Lots of uses for those.

Bandages can be vacuum packed. Either the food kind or the grocery store one you use a Hoover on. this saves a lot of room. Bandages weigh very little.

I would slip in a couple of single-dose packages of aspirin. Could save a life in a heart attack situation. Small light, multi-use and possible very important earns a place in my kit.

The MREs are good but they are bulky. This is short-term survival not camping for fun. If you repackage them to remove the extraneous items and some side dishes you save weight and bulk. You might also substitute energy bars for at least a meal a day.

I have used various battery powered lanterns and I wasn't impressed. I shifted to one of the multi-wick long-lasting candles. Good light, a source or warmth and limited cooking or food warming ability. Add a few packs of instant coffee, cocoa, and tea. Hot drinks fight off hypothermia, warm the spirits and keep you alert and/or calm and hydrated. Water that is boiled for such drinks can often go without chemical treatment. There is some fire hazard but common sense keeps the risk low.

I would add a couple of large garbage bags. They are makeshift bivy bags, rain or chemical ponchos, sacks to carry other stuff, emergency latrines, and can be slit up a side to make a small shelter.

Just a few thoughts.