NAro I used to have a book for the uses of charcoal. My mom might still have one I will see her Saturday. But for right now
check at your local heath food store. A place called black hills instute in south dakata uses charcoal with great succes my mom went there and learned more ways to use it. Pultices just have a drawing effect on on wounds I have used the for all kinds of stuff. Bee stings, cuts that have become infected, tummy ackes,
sider bites, even the reclusa bites have very good reaction with charcoal. I know a guy down in arkansas who has been using it for over 60 years he is a doctor. The stories he tells of people
being helped with useing charcoal pultices is amazing. Look up the Ellen White foundation She died in 1915 but she writes of using charcoal with great sucess. The famous Dr. Kellog of the early 1900s use to convers with her on medical probelms. Ellen had only a third grade education yet wrote many books on heath.
She also traved the world as a missonary her stories are awsome reading. A place called uchy pines I may have spelled that wrong. In the past I have ordered charcaol from them. I have used the commom broad leaf plantain with spctacular results as a pultice for stings,infected cuts, and bites besides drinking it as tea sweetened with honey. Charcoal used as a pultice on areas of welling is unbleiveable I watched my mom use it on a swollen ankle with great results. The chemical suits in the first gulf war were inpregnated with charcoal as a means of defense against chemical weapons. I remember putting on my suite and when I took it off had charcoal powder on me. It is used in nuclear waste confinement I have heard. In California at a place called weimer medical missionarry collage they use it there and show people how to use it for treating cases of skin problems and tummy ackes,bites,cuts, and stings. Charcoal is also great at taking bad taste out of water and for cleaning water to make it safe to drink. I have personly used it for that. Some water purifiers have charcoal in there products.
Hope this helps,
Bryan

Edited by sicily02 (01/19/08 04:14 AM)