I don't take it as criticism my friend, only as friendly discussion. smile

You have very valid points as well. I don't want to come across the wrong way. If I am lying in bed and hear someone in my garage then no, I am not going to wait in the darkness in order to kill him on his way out. There is nothing in my garage worth killing for. I will however, get my HD gun and herd my family together in one room while I call the police. I will be ready in case he does decide to try to get in the house. Meanwhile I will keep the family safe and wait for the police to show up and do their job as they are the experts. If he tries to make it inside the house then that is a whole new story and now I don't know if his intent is to steal something or to cause us harm. I like to discuss things here with people , that is what makes the forum entertaining. I never try to force my views on anyone and I make a point to try and end any controversial post with IMHO to show that these are only MY thoughts and that they are not necessarily right or wrong, they are just my thoughts. The fact is that every situation is different. It is up to you to decide what is the best course of action to protect your own loved ones. If I see a stranger in my home I wont assume he is a simple robber. He may be a rapist, a robber or a serial killer for all I know. He may indeed be only interested in the TV but who knows? That is not a chance I am willing to take with my kids life. I am not a violent person. In fact I am one of the most relaxed and laid back people you are likely to ever meet. When it comes to protecting my family though, I draw a very clear line in the sand. If I happen across a stranger in my home and I am in fear for my families safety, then that person has obviously stepped over that line on purpose. That person should have taken that into consideration BEFORE he decided all on his own to bust into my home. I love discussing survival topics on this forum, but in the end it is my families survival that I am most interested in and not my own. Anyway, enough of my ranting. I do not want to be rude and hijack this post but sometimes the topic goes astray……..I apologise Gear freak.

Back to the original question. I wonder how a tazer or stun gun would work for those who don’t have guns in the home. You could zap a bad guy and then cuff him if he is down (assuming they are alone) These are highly illegal in Canada so I don’t know much about how well they would work for a HD situation.