I know this is usually what turns into a hot topic for argument and I don’t want to fan the flames but…………In the service of my country I have had to put people in my sights and pull the trigger. You don’t think about what you are doing when you do either, you just do it. When you know your life is in danger you react and that’s it. We can talk for weeks about law and ethics and what you would like to think you would do in that kind of situation but in the end you will either freeze, or you will react. When you pull a trigger, swing a bat or thrust a sword you are deciding to use deadly force on another human being because all of these items have the potential to kill. This is a sensitive area for me because I have been in this situation on more than one occasion and whether it’s a terrorist pulling an AK-47 from under his clothes and pointing it at you or having a potential murderer in your house you will not have long to decide what to do. It is not something I EVER wants to do again but make no mistake, if anyone ever breaks into my home with the intent of harming my loved ones then they will die without ever having the chance to run. If they think that this is unfair then they shouldn’t BE IN MY HOUSE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I prey it never happens because I know what I will do. As long as my family is safe then I am fully prepared to deal with the consequences.

But that’s just my opinion