No I'm aware they were there, but I couldn't find out exactly what their responsibilities were from the articles I've read. Due to the "success" of their deplyment in NOLA, even though there are lingering questions about their authority/accountability, I'm wondering if current crisis management plans now include using these groups as part of the immediate response. Just like its cheaper and easier to hire an armed security guard at the grocery store vs. an off duty LEO, (no unions, etc) I'm sure its cheaper (and less time consuming) for a company like blackwater to police a neighborhood for the first 48 hrs. after a disaster than it would be to call in resources from neighboring counties and states. And not to mention, when the crisis is over, state/fed. agencies must deal with a whole new issue of getting those resources and personnel back to where they belong as quickly as possible. With a private company, they don't have to worry about any of that. And, in their re-election campaign, politicians can brag about how much money they saved the taxpayer. Okay, that last part was a joke, sort of. I'm not saying its a good idea but considering the cost and ease of use, I think private policing is here to stay.