Obviously real food is the goal. But we are talking short-term survival solutions with products that will provide the necessary, not comfortable, levels of nutrition. The idea behind the survival tabs that I previously noted began with NASA and the space program, if you would explore the links that I included you would find that much of the survival tabs advantage lies in the fact that you actually absorb nearly 99% of the nutrients included.

There have been several independent reviewers who have gone 30, 60, and even 90 days living just off of survival tabs, if you would like links to these examples I will provide them. Now, there was some weight loss, and discomfort, but the point is survival.

I am not saying that these tabs will allow you to live comfortably, think about cutting your current caloric intake to 240 calories per day. doesn't sound like fun for me, but the method of taking them (letting them dissolve in your mouth) applied with the method of production allows the greatest amount of absorption into your system. And from the reviews yes it does seem that your bowel movements cease or at least diminish within a few days, which in a survival situation may not be so bad.

It would not be comfortable, or enjoyable, to take these tabs for a significant amount of time, but it would make you survive. If you have the time, money, and ability to make or buy bars or other items then that may be your best option. But for $1.20 a day, I see these tabs as being a useful resource in helping survive if there was an extended need. However, I have a high tolerance for lowered comfort, and would eat anything if it had nutritional value, partially due to my upbringing, partially due to my indifference to comfort, mostly due to my low income.

I have tried these survival tabs, but only once and not for an extended period of time. However I would like to do a 30 day test of my own when I have the resources to do so. Please check out the links that I have provided so that I don't have to list all of the information here.

In interest of full disclosure I am not in any way related to or involved in the production or sales of survival tabs.. my brother and I just found them on the internet after our discussion about a small and simple nutritional source that could be used for an extended period of time.. and we bought some, and tried them..