Of course. People do what they need to do. In the event of a disaster, worst case scenario, could I eat one of my roommates? I don't know. I don't even like to think about it. I'm certainly not preparing for it in any way. If it ever came up, it would only be during the situation. I think it's the same way for vegans and vegetarians. We can't pressure them into preparing to eat meat, anymore than we could pressure someone into preparing to eat their neighbors. If you want to prepare for the worst case when you might have to eat someone, well personally I think that's crazy. And for other people, they may consider it crazy to consider eating meat, except as a last resort. I'm not going to criticize them for it. It just shows the importance of preparing as well as you can so you're not forced into such decisions. Preparation is key. Store chili and steaks so you don't have to eat rats, maggots, or neighbors. Store rice, legumes, nuts, and fruit so you don't have to eat chili or steak. This isn't to say the worst case won't come up, but isn't that why we prepare? To try and prevent worst case scenarios?