ironraven - "The reason why I'm asking is because the targeted neuromuscular interference created by a current generation Taser is due to the fact that probes are under your skin. It's 26V (which is why everything has a "26" in the model number) at itsy-bitsy but variable amperages."

Funny how you want documentation for my claims but then go on to claim a "fact" which is a canard. As the saying goes: 'You can have your own opinion but you don't get your own facts'.

Point being that I have a background in power electronics, understand how they work, and have been hit with both a taser and stun gun. Both feel quite similar. The taser was a little stronger but likely for the reason I mentioned previously.

I'm not used to doing research for people unpaid but you can find a few reasonably accurate answers here, I don't vouch for the site, it was one of the first to show up on a Google search. But the information lines up pretty well with what I already knew but no guarantees. You could track down the manufacturers site and check but I suspect these pages are copies of the manufacturers sheets.

http://www.tbotech.com/advancedtaser.htm

A few notes:

The M-18 taser is a very commonly used model by police. Lots of police around here use this model. I understand it is much like other designs.

The "26" you note is so commonly used in the model number is the wattage applied by the taser. Not the voltage. Actual input voltage for the M-18 is eight 1.5v batteries, 12v. Output voltage is claimed to be 50,000v. Sounds about right as it felt like a stun gun that also claimed a 50,000v output.

Further:
http://www.tbotech.com/taser-information.htm

A few quick notes:

The M-18 has a set of probes out front that allow it to be used as a stun-gun. See #8. Stun gun and taser share a common electrical mechanism.

The darts don't need to penetrate the skin. See #7. They claim the probes just have to get within 2" or the person to have some effect.

If you want more detailed answers, and have the finer points of biological and neurological effects filled in, your welcome to do your own research and report back. I have backed my claims and proved my point. Enough said.