That is a good video. I see the Thermette, the two Kelly's and the Eydon Storm Kettles as all offering a nice selection of sizes.....one or more should fit just about any persons needs.

I have a hard time thinking of a better device for an emergency kit. The ability to use all sorts of found fuels, even damp or low quality fuels is such an advantage. The efficient chimney produces boiling water fast and nearly endlessly with no need to carry around any petroleum fuels in the car or stored in your house.

The Thermette's ability to cook on top is something that makes it even more interesting for a disaster kit. Cooking on top of the tall tower is somewhat of a concern to me, but its large volume of water plus that ability definately makes me want to add one to my home kit. The side handle looks to be a knuckle toaster, but the Kelly design has its own special lift requirements too.

I generally stuff a few pieces of fat wood in the chimney of my Kelly's plus some splits of cedar. With these as easy starters I can use damp cones, wet sticks, shavings and splits to boil up water fast....and fun too.