Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99

The Canadian Government apparently had an independent medical examiner from the U.S. do another autopsy on the body. I believe it was Cyril Wecth who did it. He ruled that the death was most likely caused by prolonged use of not one, but two tasers on the man leading his heart to beat irregularly and stop functioning.

Is this the same Cyril Wecht who is facing 84 criminal charges in Pittsburgh?

PITTSBURGH - Attorneys for celebrity pathologist Cyril Wecht are trying to stop federal prosecutors from dropping more than half the 84 criminal counts he faces. (Posted on Thu, Jan. 3, 2008)

He appears to be someone who has built a very lucrative business as a consultant offering second opinions; I know that some of these "professional expert witnesses" have the reputation of saying whatever their employers want them to say, as long as it doesn't constitute outright perjury; although I don't know whether Wecht is one of them, I'd have to know a lot more about the man to give full credence to any of his testimony at this point.

I can't find anything on the web about an independent medical examination of Robert Dziekanski. Do you have a citation for it?