Last night while I was brooding over the fact that none of my camp stoves are particularly good in the cold, I wished there was a way to run propane through my canister stove from 1lb. disposable propane bottles. I have tons of these around anyhow for car camping.

I know full well this would work if an adapter existed with the right fittings and the right regulator.

Then I got to thinking about all of the survival applications which could be enhanced. My big camp stove is too big to 'bug out' with and my canister stove won't run on the propane cylinders I already have a half dozen of (or more) at home all the time anyhow. There would be applications for a 'big bottle' to 'little bottle' adapter (and vice versa) but these are already readily available everywhere.

I don't trust myself to build one from parts but I guess I could if I had to. All it needs to do is screw onto a 1lb. disposable propane cylinder, have an appropriate regulator, and a Lindal valve on the other side. The applications for such a thing for both winter and urban survival are many.

Do any of you folks know of such a creature? The alternative is to buy yet another stove. Which isn't the end of the world but I'd rather have the multitasking solution.