Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL

Blast - Last I looked this isn't your site and your not a moderator. You have no right to decide what "we" are going to do or not do. Your legitimate options are to participate and/or comment in a thread or not. Hijacking a thread isn't a sound or civil option. It is insulting and rude. It may, in fact, be a violation of the TOS in and of itself.

IMO a post was made and I answered in a civil and respectful manner. The legitimacy of the initial post remains to be determined and isn't my call. If the site owner or designated moderator objects he/she can do as they please in line with what, if any, violation or contribution a poster has made. I don't think my post crossed any line and, worse case, I'm old enough not to fear being barred if it came to that.

Unless and until you are revealed as a moderator or owner/operator I will thank you to abide by the simple rules of civil discourse and not hijack any thread I am participating in.

I asked that you attempt to legitimize part of your post. He'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I don;t think Blast was attempting to hijack...rather, he was "steering" the thread. Additionally, civil discourse could become impossible if willy-nilly political and social opinions are belched out as "fact"....with reckless disregard for facts.

Edited by Stretch (01/08/08 02:13 AM)