Originally Posted By: Blast
So, anyone read a good western lately? I recently finished "Lonesome Dove" and thought it was pretty lame. It seemed like the author just wanted to see how many wacky characters he could come up with rather than actually write an engrossing book. I can't believe how much attention the book received!

Or we could talk about soup.

-Blast

Blast - Last I looked this isn't your site and your not a moderator. You have no right to decide what "we" are going to do or not do. Your legitimate options are to participate and/or comment in a thread or not. Hijacking a thread isn't a sound or civil option. It is insulting and rude. It may, in fact, be a violation of the TOS in and of itself.

IMO a post was made and I answered in a civil and respectful manner. The legitimacy of the initial post remains to be determined and isn't my call. If the site owner or designated moderator objects he/she can do as they please in line with what, if any, violation or contribution a poster has made. I don't think my post crossed any line and, worse case, I'm old enough not to fear being barred if it came to that.

Unless and until you are revealed as a moderator or owner/operator I will thank you to abide by the simple rules of civil discourse and not hijack any thread I am participating in.