After reading a number of posts here about car crashes I've decided to rebuild my car's first aid kit. My medical training consists of the Red Cross First Aid class taken yearly here at work, so I'm basically only one step up from a layman.

I want my kit to cover two purposes. The first is just to handle the day-to-day needs of a family man. Scrapes, minor cuts, ant bites etc. I think I have that covered.

The second purpose of the kit is to deal with a larger trauma incident, say the first person on the scene of a car wreck. This is where I want EMT members to respond. What stuff do you think a person with basic first aid training should have to help a patient until you arrive? Right now I'm thinking surgical gloves, a bunch of guaze bandages, seatbelt cutter, space blanket (shade & warmth) and some signalling devices to divert traffic (road flares or safety triangle).

Anything else? EMT shears? Sterile wound flushing fluid? SAM plints? Nothing, just stay out of the way?

Thanks,
-Blast

Edited by Blast (01/07/08 09:18 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling error
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.