I suppose if a Libertarian or some other independent of similar bias were elected, they'd be approached with a choice, conform or be involuntarily removed.

Reading articles like this, I am reminded of the last 20 minutes of the movie "Fight Club". Imagine what could happen if, across the country, all the financial institutions were obliterated?

Personally, I would welcome someone mashing that big reset switch and putting us all back to a level playing field again.

More and more, I am inclined to believe that my retirement plan will consist of locating the most luxurious, safe and inmate friendly prison in the US, moving into it's jurisdiction, and committing a major non-violent felony, like setting up a bogus meth lab then turning myself in. Otherwise I believe I will be working till I drop. Besides, I know no one who has been able to walk away from their work routine and not have to get some form of financial aid, or otherwise seriously curtail their lifestyle choices. Even those with government pensions end up mostly going back to work as door greeters or some such.

We've been into soups since our Xmas party yielded so many leftovers. Good ole split pea with ham and rice, prime rib beef and barley, and turkey noodle soups. Next up is a spanish chorizo, chicken and lentil scratch recipe soup for later this week. Then a really good Sopa de Albondigas and maybe a nice Thai Beef Panang type soup.