IMO unless your hiking above the tree line or other places you can't find wood or stake substitutes I would ditch the aluminum stakes. Those spike stakes are IMHO just about useless if the ground isn't very dense duff or one of the few materials they hold well in.

In sand, gravel or most ground they pull out too easily. It is more weight but I have shifted to four ABS plastic stakes and whatever else I can find for a field expedient stake or hold-down. The plastic stakes have enough cross-section and toughness to hold well in a variety of unfavorable conditions. I once hammered these units into an asphalt parking lot and other than a little dark staining they are fine. They are also cheap. About $6 for six at Wally. I try to be careful that the longest, strongest, anchors or stakes, go where the highest loads are.

I did modify the plastic stakes by cutting two of the 9" stakes to 6", drilling out a few flats and cutting away some of the head and a useless hook. I might have just as well saved the trouble because I only removed a couple of grams. The 9" went from 29 grams to 23 grams each. I also cut off the handle on my toothbrush so the fanatical removal of weight is at least consistent. I have mellowed a bit since then.

To me the extra weight is more than compensated for by the vastly increased performance. If I'm going to carry something I want it to justify itself by working well.

For hiking a tarp, ground cloth, 2/3 length pad, and either a sleeping bag, with or without a bivy bag, or poncho with liner serve well for most conditions.

For short-term survival use I feel I could rough it a bit more and get by with just a small tarp, ground cloth, and poncho with liner which does well enough here in the SE for half the year. I could rig a bivy for the legs with a trash bag if it got colder.

I feel some compromises of comfort are acceptable if it is survival at hand instead of recreation. Of course if you want comport you could just stuff a Winnebago into your BOB.