People who hunt just to kill, and leave the carcass to rot or only take trophies actually scare me- there is something very unnatural to that, and the only one I met had a weird "vibe". The kind of vibe that in high school I got off the skinheads; not making a judgment, just an observation that may or may not be free of subconscious bias.

But if I intentionally kill something, it is for one of three reasons: defense (of self, property or domestic animals), kindness (still breathing roadkill, etc), or to eat. And if I eat it, I use just about everything or pass it on to someone who can, down to the bones, and I also thank it and wish it's spirit a swift passage into the next life. What I can't use, I return to the earth.

And if I get eaten by a catamount or wolf, the joke will be doubly on me- one becuase I got eaten, and two becuase I've said for years I don't think they are back in this area. :P

EDIT: Oddly enough, I never felt a thing when I was working on a farm and several of the cows where culled. Then again, I never did figure out which one had an itchy side while I was between it and the wall and a couple of my ribs got broken in the process. No, I don't hold a grudge or anything.

Edited by ironraven (01/03/08 03:26 AM)

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.