Short version of Clear and Present Danger, the US sent troops secretly into a drug producing country to eyeball, and later take out druggies. They had a fighter intersepting suspiscious flights heading toward the US from the Gulf of Mexico, if the pilot would not follow the fighter to a landing he got splashed...

Re Sheriff Joe, he does have a few stange ideas from time to time, but his jail undoubtedly keeps badguys locked up at the least cost to the taxpayers of any other in the country. They can watch all of the TV they want, as long as they like the Disney and Weather channels. They don't steal underware anymore 'cuz all they can have is pink. They get to sleep in the same tents I stayed in when I was in the service. Sounds like a great plan to me. They want exercise, they can volunteer for the chain gang. I have no doubt that there are repeat offenders, but I'll also bet most of them go to another county to pull their crimes. Not so good for that county, but Joe is paid to protect his county, not someone elses. Maybe if EVERYONE had tent jails???