Originally Posted By: sotto
DO NOT, under any circumstances, buy a German engineered and manufactured Beeman R7 spring/piston airgun!! It only drives a .177 cal pellet at about 700 fps (up to about 600 fps for .20 cal), will only shoot nickel-sized groups or less at 20-25 yards, requires very little cocking force, weighs almost nothing, is short (as in compact), uses old-fashioned real machined steel parts, has real cut checkering on the stock instead of the really nice smooth stylish pressed checkering, comes with just a boring precision finger-adjustable (for windage and elevation) click rear sight, has one of those complex German timepiece Rekord adjustable target triggers that doesn't have any creep and breaks at a pound or so like glass crystal, has that expensive firearm-type polished blue finish that you can see yourself in when you rub it up with an oily cloth, and lasts indefinitely so you don't have any excuse to buy one of those cool realistic pot-metal Beretta or Sigg airsoft-type replica pistols.

Instead, go buy one of those nice new $150 Chinese or Spanish-made 1000 fps Beemans that come with a sexy third-world made scope and combination barrel weight/extender.

This will give me more time to save up enough scratch so that I can order a .177 cal R7 to go with my .20 cal model that I can shoot almost silently in my backyard for hours on end without giving myself tendonitis cocking one of those nice new Chinese or Spanish 1000 fps Beemer screamers.

Tongue firmly in cheek.

Those R7's are known as tack drivers. I was sorely tempted, but thought I needed a bit more power for pest control at the ranch, so I got the R9. It's like everything else, I guess. Gotta have one of each.

Kevin B.