I don't disagree- for backpacking and kits I often use the small Bic. Can't be beat for the bulk and weight, and there is no lid to get in the way. I came near to melting the lid on my Windmill trying to light a lantern- not good.

And you're right- the Helios looks a LOT like a Windmill (or very close clone) with an external rubber casing.

Back in the early '80's Eddie Baur briefly carried a tiny butane lighter in a black, screw-open plasic capsule an inch and a half long, with o-ring and very waterproof. I bought two and still have one almost unused. IMHO it's a bit bulky for an Altoids-size tin, but ideal for sailing. I carried the other for EDC for years on a keyring, but finally the metal jump ring on the end wore through the little plastic stud that held it. I'm sure I put it somewhere safe... since then, I've been afraid to carry the other that way, but it's ideal for my "water" kit.

Maybe I should have made it clear that this quest isn't for an item to go in a kit, it's for every-day pocket carry... and I don't smoke. I've used the lighter mostly for gallant gestures in day-to-day life, and a compass mostly for getting oriented leaving the subway.