At one time I packed a supply of commercial survival food and water commonly used for reserves in life rafts. I have bought Mainstay bars, 3600 calories each, and the long-term foil packed water pouches previously and they last a long time and are entirely acceptable.

Problem is they are pretty expensive for what your getting. The expense is reasonable for a stash that is inaccessible or unlikely to get looked at every few months but for a 'trunk' supply, really it rides behind the seat in the truck,

I have found a supply of 'energy', 'sports' or 'breakfast' bars, and a store-brand eight-pack of bottled water, I like the half-liter bottles, to be an acceptable alternative. Even after over a year of unprotected storage in the Florida heat neither of these items have degraded enough IMHO to worry about. I also use portions of both so there is some turnover.

I have a stuff-sack of replacement and warm clothes, many of them poly fleece so they are still warm if they get soaked, rain suits and a small pack.

Also at least one tarp, ropes and lines, flares, quite a few flashlights and a load of tools, including a Pulaski, machete and shovel, and various assorted materials in the cross-bed tool box.

Florida is settled territory. It would be pretty hard to find a spot where you couldn't choose a random direction and walk out in a day or two by just walking a straight line. Given I have maps, compass and a pretty good idea of the lay of the land I suspect, assuming I was ambulatory, it wouldn't take that long.

I figure I have a good four day supply for one and carry more as I take passengers. Of course, as long as everyone is relatively healthy, any good supply can be stretched to twice as long. So four days for one would be acceptable as four days starvation ration for two. I also carry a water filter and know quite a few of the edible plants common to the area so there is some chance of picking something up along the way.

Of course most all of Floria is in cell phone service and I have a spare battery, a charger that will work off of the truck battery and a hand-crank cell charger if that fails.

If that falls through my thought is that if I was seriously injured I would set a fire along any of the logging roads that grid the forest every quarter mile or so. If the truck won't drive the spare tire, fuel, glycol and foam rubber in the seats become fodder for a large sooty-smoky fire. As long as I have at least one good arm and can crawl I have confidence I could get it going without having to resort expend the energy to chop brush.

I figure that if I was spending my time in the remote areas of the amazon basin I would carry more food and water and less equipment intended to keep the cell phone working. For semi-rural Florida I think I have it pretty well covered but am perfectly willing to listen to any criticism or suggestions. There is always room for improvement.