I've got a better one for you-

Santa's workshop and other facilities are believed to be located at the North Pole. This information became widespread in the late Victorian era, but the facilitates may have been online earlier as the location was initially secure due to inaccessibility. There are no indications that the facility was relocated after it's location was disclosed.

In 1958, Superman constructed his Fortress of Solitude at the North Pole by radically altering the ice pack, the exact methods are unknown. From published photographs, there are no other signs of habitation in the area. From this data, it can be assumed that Santa's workshop, if not previously relocated, was destroyed by Superman in 1958 or earlier. The fate of Santa, his employees and their operation is unknown at this time.

Cross reference- since the early 1960s, young children have decided that Santa does not exist at increasingly earlier ages. During the same period of time, Superman has become year round cultural icon even in regions were Christmas has not been observed. This trend supports the possibility that Superman either rendered the Jolly Old Elf homeless or took actions that even if not intentionally led directly to the death of Santa and his Elves.

It is possible that if Santa escaped this cataclysm, that he made it to land. Assuming he was not shot down by Soviet or NATO fighter patrols, as he has not been spotted in a NATO country with a new shop, it can only be assumed that if he survived, he landed in the USSR. If he had not been found guilty of various crimes against the peasants and workers and sent to the Gulag or liquidated, he would have been absorbed into the Soviet intelligence apparatus. "He knows what you are thinking, he knows when you're awake." He would have brought with him low-observability aircraft capable of high speed and payload. And he already wore a red suit.

I'll let you decide what happened to Santa- yet another victim of Superman's blundering overaggression, a homeless refugee, or a Commie spy?

smile Yes, I've been eating sugar.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.