Let us consider for a moment that recent estimates (heard from a very reliable local radio station) say that due to time zone changes Santa has 32 hours in which to deliver gifts. Further estimates have calculated that with the number of households reported to house children, that Santa would have to deliver to 823 houses every second in order to complete his deliveries in the alloted time.

It is quite clear to me that there has to be some manipulation of the space-time continuum going on here. Does that mean that he takes himself out of the continuum? If so, then what sort of special gear would he need to send a distress call if his sleigh were disabled? A PLB...at least a standard one, wouldn't work. Does he have a comm system that works outside of the STC to even contact the Pole?

Would any of the typical PSK gear work outside of the STC? What is it like outside of the STC? Does everything that we experience in real time seem to stop outside the STC? If that's true, then water filtration methods wouldn't work because the water would not flow...unless of course he brought water with him...eight reindeer plus Rudolph on the foggy nights, can drink a lot...with gifts in the sleigh, his weight to lift ratio probably already precludes bring many PSK items, let alone water for him and the boys...

If we're looking at this on a surface level, i.e. "what type of gear will cover most environments and weather conditions?" then that is one thing. Looking even a little deeper, this question is very philosophical, theoretical and quite disturbing. The thing is, I'm probably going to lose sleep over this...thanks...thanks a lot ! mad

'Tis the season though...maybe if I count sugar plums...