Hi Tom/thseng,

No worries, I didn't take it personally...population is a very sensitive issue and not particularly relevant to this forum any way. My point may have been lost in the Malthusian perspective.

So to keep my point on survival preparedness topic...What I meant to discuss is how this video reminded me of how we will all go through good times and hard times and its best to plan for the "potential" hard times currently during the "good" times. (e.g. growth vs recession, and seasonally early summer vs. late fall)

Regardless of peak oil, water and food shortage relevance or whatever the context of an emergency, we will all face our own hard times in different ways...terrible weather, industrial accidents, even just losing our job/house and not finding permanent work/shelter for a while. Survival comes in many forms...and when it comes to survival of the species I agree with you that it does not belong on this forum. The desire for independence and self-reliance is what brings most of us here and so to advocate against those values with governmental control was not my intent.

Peace brother smile

Cheers,
Nemo.

Edited by Nemo (12/20/07 03:10 AM)