Originally Posted By: ironraven
You know, I'd never even thought of using the injector as way to get fuel out...

Even if I'll probably never be able to do half the things in the expanded manual for my car, I'm glad I've got it. I'll have to look to see where the port is and highlight the appropriate section.

You also need to know how to run the fuel pump. For example, older GM's without a fuse block under the hood there should be a single connector hanging out of the wiring harness near where it goes above the brake booster. Newer ones with the under hood electrical center there will be a small hole next to the fuel pump relay that you can poke a wire in to. Might be a good idea to test this ahead of time, you can safely run the fuel pump on most vehicles without any problems since there is a machanical regulator and fuel return, it will simply build up pressure, the regulator will open up and the fuel will return to the tank. There are however some new returnless systems where the pressure regulator is electronic and modulates power to the pump to regulate pressure so you would need to have something connected to the test port to release the pressure even if the pump test pin is available.
The fuel pressure test ports on cars looks like a tire valve once you take off the cap. The A/C system uses the same kind of vavle too though so be sure to get the correct one. IIRC the cap on the ac is usually blue and the fuel is green.
Also note that a car pump is a high pressure low volume unlike the low pressure high volume pump at the gas station. It can take hours to drain a full tank with the cars fuel pump.