Well, I won't say what I was doing this morning, but I am being reminded of just how nasty lower back pain can be now. I had a chronic lower back injury back in my early 30s, and it took years to get over it. Once in a while I will aggravate it and the old pain comes back. We're talking stooped over, walking like Tim Conway's old man character, endorphine generating knife in the back kinda pain. I am eating the Ibuprofren like they were Pez candies, and the wife wants to put one of those pop out turkey temp indicators in my belly button cuz I've got the heating pad cranked up to max and she wants to make sure I don't overcook.

The bad news is I have to fly to Denver for a three day interview tomorrow morning. 3+ hours in an economy class seat is not going to be very good. I hope corporate appreciates my sacrifice.

I can only imagine how debilitating such an ailment would be were I to suffer this in a survival situation, which is entirely possible. Short of carrying a syringe full of Demoral with me, how else would you deal with this kind of injury?