A bandanna or two have many uses. As clothing, as bandages, as a water filter, as a bag or sack, as a glove, as cordage, as toilet paper... many more.

I carry a smart phone which stores novels to read, music, movies and games. It has an FM radio and is generally the only radio I carry. It has a camera, eg to document damage for insurance claims, or to help analyse what went wrong later. The camera has a flash which can be used as a light, as can the screen's backlight. It has some astronomy software which could help in navigation. It has a calculator and some reference material If the network is up I can access more information from the web, or use Google maps. My approximate location can be determined from the cell tower it is registered to. It can even make telephone calls and send text messages.

My watch includes a digital compass and a barometer. Again trying to get the most utility out of everything I carry daily.

I carry a small multi-tool and swiss army knife, which are more versatile than a simple blade.

My belt is a money-belt which holds a few emergency supplies, including money and fire-making tools.

Edited by Brangdon (12/08/07 05:00 PM)