I would like to share with you my "Core Gear". These are the items that I take with me on extended trips, regardless of season. All that I will share with you I have learned from others more experienced than I, from good books and from miserable mistakes that I have made. I am continuously trying to improve my game and just when I think I've got it nailed... I see something new and the endless cycle begins again.
Rick

I have divided the items into four groups marked A, B, C, and D.
If there are any questions I’ll happily explain my choices.

"A" (Clockwise from top left)
- A Swedish/German mess kit containing a pot w/ lid, cooking shield, burner and bottle of fuel
- A "personals" kit containing first aid supplies, small sew kit, beeswax, pitch blend, handywipes, toothbrush/paste, deodorant crystal, zinc oxide, hand sanitizer and homemade pine tar soap.
- Cordage bag containing brass wire, decoy line and various lengths of 550 paracord.

"B" (Clockwise from top left)
- Collapsible water container
- Canteen w/ cup and iodine tablets
- “Safe Water” purification bottle and steel cup
- Bush Belt with carabiner, belt knife, fire kit and Leatherman
- 4 bandannas and a small towel

"C" (Clockwise from top left)
- Large sew kit with “E-Z Stitch”sewing awl, leather thongs, beeswax and spare buttons (made from pennies and nickels)
- Head lamp, LED torch and long burning candle
- Bags of spruce gum and pine pitch, long burning candle with tin caps for heating resin
- Sharpening kit

"D" (Starting on left)
- Brass “Spy Glass”
- Norse Hawk
- Small possible bag containing a compass, whistle, utility knife, lighter, dental floss, firesteel/striker, pad w/ pencil and a small bag with various cordage.
- Under the bag is an emergency firepouch worn around the neck