A "friend" once borrowed my Sog seal pup out of my TAC vest on exercise(in my absence) and decided it was the best tool with which to mix epoxy, thinking he could simply wipe it off. Well... the epoxy, did what epoxy is supposed to do and in a panic he decided to wipe it off with paper towel in an attempt not to ruin my knife. The towel promptly dried to the epoxy and all attempts to wipe it off became futile. Rather than admitting that we all sometime do things that are tremendously stupid he decided to place the knife back in to its case, to which the remaining epoxy quickly dried. Upon finding my knife, to this day I bet no one has ever put the "F" word into a single sentence so many times without pausing for a single breath. I am amazed about how many people, soldiers included, Do not carry a knife. And how many people in this forum have friends who constantly ask them to sharpen their knives because they are no good at it. Doesn't that drive you berserk? I've met people who can fly helicopters but can't properly sharpen a darn knife. It goes to show that being an actual soldier goes a little farther than just wearing a uniform. But , as always that is only my opinion and not meant to offend anyone here. To make a long story short, I will only lend my knife to someone I trust and then only after I know exactly what they intend to do with it, and only if it remains in my direct line of sight. I have learned my lesson on this topic.