As an earlier poster said, I will carry fire making material to last forever, plus a large box of "strike anywhere" matches.

I normally wear a combat harness (fully equipped) when I go camping, along with my ALICE pack. I also carry a spare set of clothes including 6 extra pairs of socks & 6 extra underwear)

I would add the following items:
1) US Army messkit (in addition to the Swiss Army messkit (soups and water purification) that I normally carry when I go camping).
2) An extra roll of toilet paper.
3) 10 days of food consisting of:
Dehydrated meals (40%): Mountain House varieties.
MRE's (20%): Commercial varieties.
C-rats (10%): Chicken & Dumplings, Beef Stew, Ravioli's, etc.
Dry/instant (25%): Rice, Grits, Oatmeal, crackers, soups, flour, etc.
Comfort/D-rats (5%): Candy Bars/Hard candies.
4) An extra tarp-small.
5) 35 day supply of vitamins.
6) Short bladed machete.
7) Additional "Strike Anywhere" matches.
8) .22LR semi-auto rifle with 200 rounds and a .45ACP with 24 rounds (3 mags).

I normally carry my shaving kit with all personal hygiene items.
I have a 10 day supply of broad spectrum antibiotics in my FAK.

To stay in 1 place for a month allows me to set up a Base Camp. I would construct it as follows (roughly);

PHASE I (Upon deciding on a camp site)
1) Use entrenching tool to provide drainage (around shelter and a ditch from fire pit), fire pit, and a large latrine (on side of camp opposite of water source).
2) Use zip ties/paracord, short machete, hatchet, and knife to build a semi-permanent shelter using the natural (and man made) materials at hand. In the NW, I would tend to make a small version of the houses that many of the NE Indian Tribes built and resided in. The final shelter type would depend on what materials I found when I got on scene (type, age, number, & layout of trees).
3) Use tarp to provide ground insulation inside of shelter (if tarps aren't used on the shelter itself).
4) Use short machete and knife to provide bedding insulation.
5) Construct a windbreak around the firepit, opposite of my shelter opening (Shelter opening to face Eastward).

PHASE II (nicetie's)
1) Develope a clothes and dishwashing station downstream of the camp.
2) Construct a windbreak/privacy enclosure around the latrine.
3) Utilize any soda cans found (w/pebbles), to make an early warning system around the camp perimeter (in case of Lions, Tigers, & Bears, oh my!).
4) Conduct a general scouting survey of terrain and available animal, fish, and vegetable food resources.
5) Construct and place animal and bird snares, and fish traps, trot lines, etc.
6) Construct a sheltered concealed Observation Post.

Phase III (productive anti-boredom purposes)
1) Establish a daily routine:
a) Check snares and traps twice daily (release any excess of needs, live catches).
b) Conduct a short range recon from the camp area daily, in a different direction each day (usually after lunch).
c) Keep camp policed and neat!!!!
d) Prepare at least 1 hot meal per day.
e) Work on preparing animal skins/bones to make useful products.
f) Clean all weapons daily (before lunch).
g) Clean all mess gear after each use.
h) Man Observation Post daily from 1 hr prior to sunset until 1 hr after sunset. Make celestial observations w/naked eye & binoculars. This is key to making weather forecasts.

That's basically how I do it!!!!