The main alternative to reducing is organizing. I collected a lot of gear/tools/toys over the years and I would always be stacking things on top of each other and had piles falling over and things getting broken or lost. I started buying a lot of storage items, bags, boxes, etc. Start by putting a hold on buying anything new until you can get the current situation under control.

For example I started getting a lot of camping gear and had it piled on a shelf for the most part. I bought a big duffel bag similar to the tent bag and filled it up with all the camping gear like the air mattress, pump and lanterns and batteries. All my cooking supplies went into a backpack. Now instead of having boxes and gear piled on top of each other I have three bags which stack neatly and can be taken easily.

I made some simple rules, everything has to have a place, be it a box, bag, case or spot on the shelf. Then everything that goes with the first item has to be in its box, bag, etc.
Then everything must be inventoried, a separate spreadsheet for each large item, for example one for the bob, one for the edc, one for the camping gear, one for the drill press, etc. Everything must be listed, it sounds like a lot of work but its really not. Once you make your spreadsheet template you can take one storage container at a time and inventory everything and add to it as you put more in.
Then everything has to justify its self. Many organizational sites/books/whatever will say get rid of something if its not been used in x amount of time but I had to modify that system since some survival gear won't be used often, a fire extinguisher for example. So I kind of make a point scale, say a scale of 1-5, 5 being something most used, 1 being something seldom used, then assign a second point scale based on its survival/prep use which can cancel out the use scale.