I already take advantage of my neighbors littering up their place. My apartment building and our surrounding yard is kept nice and tidy, but the crazy neighbors in the next apartment building over have totally trashed their area. It's mostly single moms that don't watch their kids and let them run wild, and they left the following and more just lying around in the yard and in the street. Forgive me as I like to be descriptive...

Several tires, some in pretty good condition, which I take to either the scrap yards or the tire places down the road and sell for some pocket money. I know that the neighbors don't want them anymore because they leave them lying by the side of the road next to the garbage cans, for weeks at a time, assuming the trashmen will come pick them up. They never do.

A large dry-erase board, I dunno, about 4x5 feet, classroom sized? - tossed out because the kids had drawn on it over and over so much it was stained. Obviously they didn't know about the simple household item used to get rid of that, Windex, and now I put it to my personal use. I have all my phone numbers on there, with tons of room to spare and it works better than a Rolodex.

A broken pellet gun, and a half-full canister of pellets, tossed to the side of the road and left for naught. My multitool, and the trigger, release spring, and sight stick from an old BB gun I have fixed all that. I bought another small box of pellets to supplement my target practice on pop cans. If worse comes to worst, I like to think, at least, that Mr. Squirrel or Mr. Bunny wouldn't stand a chance.

Several VCR's, stereos, flashlights, and electronics - all broken to some degree, but some have been repairable. The things I can't fix I scrap out for parts and put those in my junk drawer. I once fixed a VCR that looked like new and gave it to my aunt, and she couldn't tell the difference (just don't tell her that!)

A good Nalgene bottle! This made me very sad to no end, as I knew those rotten kids probably didn't take care of it. A few good deep cleanings later, one of them in a bleach mix (God knows where it had been before), and it has a happy home with me.

Glass jars, which held I think small amounts of instant coffee. They were left there when the kids couldn't smash them in the street. I use them to hold spare change, a different kind of coin in each one. I've also got one that holds penny nails, and another for matches for my candle motifs.

I've told the landlord about my neighbors (which he appreciates) but he says there's not much he can do, besides defer from their security deposits. And he also told me whatever they throw out I can have, so whatever I take is gravy. Nobody's said anything to me about it for over a year.