I was just going to bring up the cruise ship M/S Explorer. Seems like it doesn't take much to sink a cruise ship.

IF I was to take a cruise I'd take as much as they'd allow with the idea of getting to a lifeboat and surviving a short period as comfortably as possible. I'd pack a couple LED flashlights and I'd EDC my 1xAAA LED light -- when the lights go out a ship's interior is very dark. Signal mirror and whistle would be in my Mission Wallet with the 1xAAA LED. I'd have a small grab bag to store the extra supplies I'd want to have before the ship starts sinking. Have clothing that's good for an extended stay outside the ship's interior. On this M/S Explorer ship that might be Smartwool long underwear, wool socks, wool head cover (beanie) and a parka with a hood and big pockets to carry stuff -- nothing special, but layered and warm.

Just for conversation, I don't take cruises, did that enough in the Navy, don't need to pay for it.

Mexico?: I live in San Diego and NEVER go south of the border. Last time was 1998 and it was not a pleasant drive. Going into a tourist trap via cruise ship with the intent of paying $$$ and having a good time might be a different experience I'll never get the chance to try smile

Didn't realize knives were an issue in Mexico. Glad nothing transpired to bring that to somebody's attention and cause me to: 1) lose the knife and 2) pay a contribution to avoid any further issue.