Well, I spoke with my brother.

His bag was pretty basic- lots of 2x2s, 4x4s, some 5x9s and trauma dressings, 2 and 4" Kling, cravats, a variety of band aids (all cloth, all latex free), lots of nitriles, two SAMs, a couple of ACEs, a variety of tape, and webbing for splinting. BP cuff, stethoscope, hypothermia thermometer (all three of those were his), tick tweezers and forceps, ice packs, at least one sleeping bag with two mylar survival bags (one as a cover, one as a liner) and some body warmers in the group for any hike in all but the hottest weather. Lots of nitrils, pocket mask. Dental emergency kit, and some very unofficial meds (tylenol, immodium, benedryl, electrolyte solution). There was some stuff he couldn't remember. I remember that it filled the radio pocket of an ALICE pack pretty much completely.

As a disclaimer, his Troop had an attached EMS/Fire Explorer Post with it. There was a lot of training he and his group had that I wouldn't expect to find in a normal Troop.

Everyone had a basic FAK (3 packs of 4x4s, moleskin, band aids, tape, cravat, 4" roller, a pair of gloves, and medical data form) and if it wasn't in their shake down, they could go home. They'd do the same thing if you had bad footware, no rain gear, or none of the basic 10 items. You didn't have to be in uniform, but you did have to be ready.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.