Originally Posted By: picard120
Originally Posted By: Kris
I had a contract for a year (living in Canada working in Indiana), an it was a 3 hour commute one way. After a month or so, I gave up and made a deal with the client. I work there 4 days during the week working 12+ hours a day and I'll stay in a hotel. Then I got a 3 day weekend every week.

Not a bad gig and was working out well. But stuff happened (i.e. 9/11, USD dollar loosing strength, etc) which made it not an ideal situation any more.

I liked it much better then working in Detroit (across the river from where I was living). Downtown Detroit never bothered me (in terms of safety), but it was the fact you couldn't have a have decent vehicle. The pot holes caused so much damage to my car!!!!!

But for the most part of my career, i've averaged 1-1.5 hours for a commute one way.

Now, I can get to work in the time of playing two 80's big hair rock songs. Also helps to leave before 7am (in island time thats early).

Kris

how did you obtain work visa in the US? I want to work contract in US but I don't know the rules.

Can you explain it to me?

I'll send you a PM and we can talk off line.

Kris