Originally Posted By: Blitz
I'm really sorry to hear that Ironraven. Chances are if they passed up someone who can do the job well (you) for someone that can just BS (corporate lackey) then your better off. Good luck, I'm sure something will pan out for you.

That is almost certainly the case. If one of their expectations was participation in corporate bullcrap, you have to ask yourself if you would have been happy in that job.

Been there… done that. Had a total whack-job of a branch manager come into being at my old technical job because our company bought out another smaller company, and this douchebag was allowed to keep an executive position due to the buyout contract terms. He made pretty much the entire office transfer or quit (no exaggeration). Personally, I decided to take a break from the technical field and became a ballroom dance instructor at that point. Was a fantastic move on my part from the things I heard from my old job contacts!